1. “Add Media” is the button you want to use to add pictures, video, or music here by browsing your harddrive and picking something.
2. However, I’ve only been able to see this button while in QuickPress or after posting the regular way I’ve then gone in to edit. I’ve had trouble posting. Not that it’s stopped me, but things have been kind of sticking and I always ending up having to post things unedited first, which is annoyingly what shows up on Facebook, and then going back to edit. *SIGH*
2. Plugging in long strings of html code in leiu of that hasn’t worked for me despite the fact that when editing you have a button to choose html code view or regular (“visual”) view. Go figure.
3. When I see one of my Xangan friends or anyone else’s name/face pop up in comments to another blog and want to connect with them, I click on their personal link which leads me to their Gravatar which I can then follow by links below it to their blog IF THEY HAVE A BLOG. You may have created a Gravitar in order to comment on other people’s blogs, but they can’t return comment on your site until you have a blog for them to go to. That’s how it seems anyway.
Maybe there’s a method to that I haven’t discovered yet. Meanwhile it’s driving me crazy. Please post something.
4. After much trial and tribulation, I have learned how to make skylights in my HGTV software. There are no such things as skylights listed in the inserts. No. What you have to do is create a floor with walls around it above the floor you want the skylight over. Just that spot… or wherever you want skylights.
For instance, you want a skylight over the kitchen on the ground floor, you go to the 2nd floor in the drop-down even though you don’t intend to make a second story, make a closed square (or whatever shape) of walls (I used 4″ wood wall with an appearance on all sides of Wood Planks# 7). A floor will be automatically generated among them, but you will only be able to access it in the 3D view.
Select the floor in 3D, change it to tinted glass on the top surface, regular glass on the bottom, and glass of whatever sort on the edges and then elevate it 3′ to 4′ feet.
Go back to the 2D view, ground floor, and insert a ceiling over the kitchen and then cut out the section where you can see the faint outline of the skylight/floor above it. Then add the ground floor roof.
Go back to 3D view, 2nd floor, and from about a 15′ foot perspective, adjust the height of the walls around the skylight. Also make sure the skylight itself is exactly level with the top of those walls and the walls above or level with the roof so that there is no well there for rain to catch. That would be bad.
5. Ghosts can apparently be walkins without anyone’s having to walkout.
Usually, a walkin will enter an body and the walkout/original soul will leave by mutual agreement, but sometimes the details haven’t been hashed out in advance and it’s a whim sort of thing where a lingering spirit, a ghost, will attach to the body and mind of someone they percieve to be a kindered spirit so to live a vicarious new existence through the other person’s senses, both sharing equal residency.
It’s not a hostile takeover, though it could be just as easily. But the attaching spirit cannot push the original owner of the body out unless a) they’re willing to go or b) they’re drunk or high and so already mostly out of it anyway so unable to put up any resistance.
This is one of the reasons I’m nervous of being around people I’m fond of if they’re in one of those states. They can too easily be replaced as I can see by their diminished auras and it’s damn disconcerting when that happens even if it’s temporary and the souls that tend to take advantage of such weaknesses tend to be of a crimminal sort or at the very least very selfish/unsavory in one way or another. A lot of recent crimes seem tied to this hostile sort of takeover.
Anyway, that’s not the new thing. The new thing is the very idea of a non-hostile takeover. Something I’ll have to write more about. Just beginning the investigation right now and fairly intrigued about it. Have you ever heard of such a thing before?