1. My friend and fellow belly dancer didn’t make it to our first class of the season last night because half her face is frozen in Bell’s Palsy for some unknown reason. Worried about her! What a terrible thing to have happened to her!
2. It occurred to me that one of the warm up exercises we do before and after every practice session is something that Miley did. I never knew what it was called before that particular breaking out scandal. We are told simply to bend over, touch the floor, and rock our knees rapidly in and out. Thanks to the tabloids, I know understand this is actually an erotic dance form called “Twerking.” Oh joy! LOL.
3. Hubby has gone several time to FYE looking for an Owl City CD after I got him hooked on 3 of their songs on my mix CDs: Embers, Fireflies, and Good Time. He couldn’t find one. I went last night before dance practice, found three of their CDs in the “O” section, and bought him the newest longest one. Imagine it being filed in the “O” section! Isn’t that the weirdest thing you ever heard? I wonder where he was looking that he missed them before?
4. Also found some fun stuff at Clair’s. I didn’t need anything there but have all these gift cards for them given me at my last birthday: a gorgeous veiled rose hat, a big ruby spider necklace, some goth style earrings including chains, skulls, and red feathers, and a ruby spider Victorian hair comb set.
Having bought them with my gift cards, I am now rethinking my costume for Aki Con. It’s on Halloween, after all. Do I have to be strictly anime? Maybe I could do Victorian black widow instead?
I have this gorgeous black lace Gunnysack gown, loads of petticoats, a red corset, a red rose deccolatage pin, lace gloves, a fan, and old-fashioned lace-up boots that will go nicely with my Clair’s findings. I even have a pair of bloomers but since no one gets to see up my voluminous skirts anyway, it hardly matters. What do you think? Maybe I should try it all on and post up a picture?
5. What are you going to wear for Halloween? Are you planning to go to any costumed festivals or conventions this year? What are you going to wear? I want to see pictures of course.
6. I’m meanwhile hoping with everything I’ve got that Obama doesn’t go entangling us in another war! We’ve wasted enough young lives and resources on such entanglements. It needs to stop!
Meh. And I need to get to work.