1. My daughter Amelia hooked me up with Sims 3 for making my house designs on. I’ve been learning it by leaps and bounds, very delighted with the wonderful graphics as compared to my HGTV saying she’d like me to design some interesting homes for her sims to live in, which I’m more than happy to do. It’s not so good for the little technical details of actual architectural drafting, but it IS very gratifying to virtually build with and its houses can even be occupied by beings of a sort: Sims! So it’s fun.
Now Amelia and Stephen AND Jeb are crowing over having finally seen me hooked on what they are calling a “video game.” Humph. I’m not gaming here. I’m building wonderful houses. Now if only I could learn to build small. The other Sim houses in Sunset Village average between $7,000 to $15,000 in estimated value. Mine is at $303,000 so I guess it will be for wealthy Sims. *SIGH* It’ll be a great place for some pretty spectacular Sim parties. But I need to learn to build cute little cottages. How hard can it be? I mean really….
2. Fascinated at how governments, ours included, seem hell-bent on controlling people in order to preserve the power bases of the wealthy minority even if it means killing people off via enforced poverty and starvation, or forbidding certain medical ventures that could cure major diseases or even more draconian measures of forced compliance as practiced by governments like the IRI or other more “normal” dictatorships. And all love to play war games with human lives like it was a simple harmless game of cards. We all need to be calling BS when we see it and tell them “No, absolutely not!” when they make ridiculous demands against humanity.
3. A silly complex dream the other night. All I can clearly recall is stepping on something that hurt my bare foot and bending down to find out that it was a wood screw laying on the carpet, others scattered nearby. I glanced up at Jeb and said, “Hm. Someone has a few screws loose.”
Someone knocked on the door then and I opened it to a woman dressed like a Ninja brandishing a long sharp knife at me. I screamed out, “SCREW LOOSE PERSON IS HERE AND SHE WANTS TO KILL US!”
I made so much noise that the would-be stealthy assassin ran away and Jeb and I both woke up enough that, for me at least, the dream ended. Jeb said I was being a very noisy sleeper. Poor him.
I can easily attribute this dream to a woman assassin fleeing Michael Westin in a recently watched episode of Burn Notice as well as a song Jeb added to my most recent mix CD: Psycho Killer by Talking Heads. At least I hope that’s all it is.
4. I should be working on manuscripts instead of pointless blogs and Sim houses, shouldn’t I? So many linger on my mind. Not sure what to do with them all or which to do first. What if I die before getting them done?
A fellow blogger Jolene, wrote of a nightmare she had last night that reminded me eerily of The Hidden Isles, a novel I’ve been fussing with for years but strangely wary of publishing. Not sure how to explain it, but the novel idea was based on a series of dreams I had back in the early 1990s, many of which turned out to be prophetic. It almost seems pointless to mention the things that have already come to pass and dangerous, somehow, to express what is yet to come. Yet that very expression might be enough to prevent it. Don’t know what I’m so uneasy about. No matter what happens, I can always take shelter in that fact that it’s only science fiction, right?
5. I’ve been finding way too many recipes that would be absolutely delightful for our upcoming Halloween party. Unfortunately, if I surrender to making them all, there probably will not be nearly enough guests to do them proper justice. I really must refrain from going party crazy every single year. It gets bloody expensive and wasteful!
6. Amelia went out with Jeb and I to the Spaghetti Factory, then to see the newest Percy Jackson movie this weekend. Afterword, she uploaded some more Sims packages for me on my computer. I noticed there’s a gothic one that includes spooky stuff like coffin beds and cobwebs as well as vampire, ghost, and witch Sims. I can build a Haunted Sims mansion! Yay!
7. I’ve learned to wiggle my nose like Samantha Stevens did. Does anyone care? I wonder if this will help my magic any or if it just makes me look like a deranged mutant bunny?
8. Belly dance off in Shoreline this weekend! I hope I get to go! I wouldn’t dare compete because I doubt I’m good enough, but it will still be fun to see all the others perform and also to free dance between sets. Belly dance meets are always so very cozy and convivial. Joyful even! Plus, I tend to know and/or enjoy most people there.